Mixed Reef 350 litre setup from scratch

Ocean Roamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys & Gals......

Welcome to my new Mixed Reef Setup.....

I will be posting on a regular basis to keep you guys updated how the Reef progresses......I have been in the hobby since back in the late 1990s.......A lot of methods and practices and equipment have changed......So armed with my prior knowledge......I am on a learning curve again with all the new tech and ideas and methods.......I would love you to join me on this journey.......And i am open to advise aswell as answeing questions.......Hope to see you on this page.......Meanwhile couple of pics of my tank cycling so its a bit cloudy and lights only on for photo......

20200623_084258.jpg 20200623_084243.jpg 20200623_095932.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean Roamer

Ocean Roamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mission to try and bring you up to date with how i have established my setup. So I may do quite a few posts first and then aim for a once a week update from there on in......

Ok so today's topic is Tank Setup & Equipment

Please follow link to You Tube for video

Olliesmeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mission to try and bring you up to date with how i have established my setup. So I may do quite a few posts first and then aim for a once a week update from there on in......

Ok so today's topic is Tank Setup & Equipment

Please follow link to You Tube for video

Hi,

like yourself, I am a former aquarist. I'm returning after approx 18 year lay off, but only in the planning stage. I joined Reef2Reef just today, so hoorah to me??? I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, so expect me be to be in touch.

OP
OP
Ocean Roamer

Ocean Roamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

like yourself, I am a former aquarist. I'm returning after approx 18 year lay off, but only in the planning stage. I joined Reef2Reef just today, so hoorah to me??? I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, so expect me be to be in touch.
Thanks Olliesmeg my aim is too help people make an informed decision. I intend to show all errors I make all results I achieve and all epic results......I dont get paid to plug products......and I am a budget Mixed Reefer......but i dont mind spending the money in essential areas.....I hope you enjoy and we can all learn from each other....

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back