Mixed Reef Cube Build

can i see an updated Boston bean picture i have a frag on the way and want to see one
Sorry, just saw this. If you would still like a pic let me know and I'll try to get one for you. It basically remains unchanged from my first photo though. :)
 
Last edited:
I've been battling red turf algae since the beginning on this tank (came on the live rock) and despite many attempts of manual removal, H2O2, and regular tank maintenance, it continued to return with a vengeance. After some research and suggestions of others on the forum, I purchased 2 Mexican turbo snails. I had read mixed reviews on their effectiveness but at this point, I had nothing left to lose.

I am happy to report that after 2 weeks they have cleared 99% of red turf algae from the rocks.

Turbo-Snail_Clean-Up.jpg


My secondary battle has been with cyanobacteria. All my previous tanks have gone through an ugly stage but this tank has seemed to stay in its ugly phase. :p Every time I think I have it beat it returns worse than before. I decided to bring out the big guns and use Chemiclean. I'm not a huge fan of using chemicals but have used it once before years ago with success.

The Chemiclean has been in the tank for 48 hours and has wiped out most of the cyano. Once I have removed the Chemiclean through water changes, I will order GARF grunge (yeah, I know I'm old skool but I've always had good luck with it) to add some biodiversity to the tank. Fingers crossed this keeps the cyano at bay.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new