Mixed tank with Macro-algae

Who has macro algae in their mixed tank

  • I have LPS, SPS and macro's

    Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Only LPS and macro's

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Only SPS

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LPS and SPS only

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7
  • Poll closed .

basile

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
723
Reaction score
87
Location
Gatineau/Ottawa canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who when we talk about mixed tank have macro-algae with their coral. Is it more difficult or easier to maintain.

I'm thinking of the ideal because i'll have tangs and they used to eat the macro's i use to give them from my refugium. So i see it as a pro what would be the cons.
 
I have a macro/mangrove/coral tank. Primarily LPS but I added some SPS frags a few weeks ago. I haven't done a water change in many, many months and everything is thriving.

B10C28D9-8C8E-46C7-B0A8-BBAD4C473F5B_zpsdjtycvxh.jpg

6BDFC9C8-B18C-4F45-9C87-5C1E1E5F1E67_zpsciruklxf.jpg


Link to build thread in my signature
 
I have a macro/mangrove/coral tank. Primarily LPS but I added some SPS frags a few weeks ago. I haven't done a water change in many, many months and everything is thriving. We are wanting to use macro and soft corals as well. We have an 8 gallon biocube. Any tips for us?

B10C28D9-8C8E-46C7-B0A8-BBAD4C473F5B_zpsdjtycvxh.jpg

6BDFC9C8-B18C-4F45-9C87-5C1E1E5F1E67_zpsciruklxf.jpg


Link to build thread in my signature
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new