Mixed Zoa results

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting up a zoa garden on the side of my nano and I’m quite confused about a particular frag. It’s not even an inch away from the others, but while the others are thriving, this ones barely hanging on. Only thing I can think of is too much light? The zoas behind it at the back are partially shaded by the power head while the one in front is angled more away from the light. Nothing else I could think of that could be causing it. Any advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
NanoJHB

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting up a zoa garden on the side of my nano and I’m quite confused about a particular frag. It’s not even an inch away from the others, but while the others are thriving, this ones barely hanging on. Only thing I can think of is too much light? The zoas behind it at the back are partially shaded by the power head while the one in front is angled more away from the light. Nothing else I could think of that could be causing it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 64DEBEEC-BB32-47C9-B7AB-4A978594DA16.jpeg
    64DEBEEC-BB32-47C9-B7AB-4A978594DA16.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 34

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with zoas is they come from different depths in the wild. Some are high light others Deepwater.

I always start zoas not-glued-to-LR ...but on discs at the bottom and move up every month until they start to look urinated-off Then move them down one notch

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with zoas is they come from different depths in the wild. Some are high light others Deepwater.

I always start zoas not-glued-to-LR ...but on discs at the bottom and move up every month until they start to look urinated-off Then move them down one notch
Urinated off?

Edit: I got it.

@NanoJHB I have an 80 that's 95% zoa probably 30 different paly/morphs. Some seem to die off not matter what I do. It really ticks me off and question my tank skills. Usually when Ii get more than a few zoa I'll split the frag and mount some at a higher area and some lower with different flow as well. Nearly all of my stuff thrives but some stuff just really wants to due and I can't figure out why or what to do about it. I usually give them away to a friend and see if they can do any better.

OP
OP
NanoJHB

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urinated off?

Edit: I got it.

@NanoJHB I have an 80 that's 95% zoa probably 30 different paly/morphs. Some seem to die off not matter what I do. It really ticks me off and question my tank skills. Usually when Ii get more than a few zoa I'll split the frag and mount some at a higher area and some lower with different flow as well. Nearly all of my stuff thrives but some stuff just really wants to due and I can't figure out why or what to do about it. I usually give them away to a friend and see if they can do any better.
Thanks for the advice

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back