Mixing container

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay this is probably a stupid question but here goes, I work at a tire plant and we paint the re treads with a water based tire paint so I have an unlimited supply of 5 gallon buckets, is there anyway I can clean these up to use for either making rodi water in or mixing saltwater in?

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are food safe plastic, then they shouldn't be absorbing or leaching anything, so long as you clean them out good, then they should be fine.

but I would be sure to clean them really really good. Being it's a water-based paint, cleanup should be pretty easy.

I probably wouldn't use the unbranded buckets provided you don't know what type of plastic was used... if you can't ID those as food safe, then I wouldn't bother with those.

OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are food safe plastic, then they shouldn't be absorbing or leaching anything, so long as you clean them out good, then they should be fine.

but I would be sure to clean them really really good. Being it's a water-based paint, cleanup should be pretty easy.

I probably wouldn't use the unbranded buckets provided you don't know what type of plastic was used... if you can't ID those as food safe, then I wouldn't bother with those.
They are norton packaging 5 gallon buckets made in USA lol

OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk how to tell if they are food grade safe tho has bunch of stuff on bottom of buckets I don’t understand
I just looked and learned they all are HDPE 2 which what I’ve researched is food grade plastic

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back