Mixing different Liopropoma

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if different Liopropoma can coexist or pair up?

Backstory:

I recently was accidentally sent a Liopropoma Rubre instead of a Liopropoma Swalesi, and so am being shipped the L.swalesi after it clears quarantine (in 6 weeks).

I am keeping the L.Rubre in my 14g peninsula where it is loving life!

The question is, can the L.Rubre and L.Swalesi tolerate eachother or pair up? I loved Jake Adams (RIP) video on the three different Liopropoma living together and I’m hoping for the same result!

Once my 40 gallon cycles I will introduce both fish simultaneously and have two different cave areas for territorial claim. Let me know your experiences!! Thanks!

EE3F1D7B-0273-4277-A8DD-C1A34B80E045.jpeg

Last edited:

Sigmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could be ok with really good aquascaping and introduce at same time. I had the 2 together in a cave dominant 125 with no problems, introduced at different times. Behavior is basically identical, so 2 fish of that size doing the same thing in a 40 will not create a lot of diversity. Unless you are going for some type of genus specific biotope. Safer adding something like an Assessor or Gramma instead. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could be ok with really good aquascaping and introduce at same time. I had the 2 together in a cave dominant 125 with no problems, introduced at different times. Behavior is basically identical, so 2 fish of that size doing the same thing in a 40 will not create a lot of diversity. Unless you are going for some type of genus specific biotope. Safer adding something like an Assessor or Gramma instead. Just my 2 cents.
Yes I only considered the two because of the accidental shipment of the L.Rubre! Will be adding some additional fish as well!
Pick of my current basslet
Beautiful! Love the hot pink and yellow mouth of the cave basslet!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back