Mixing Eels

Damon Jensen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2019
Messages
208
Reaction score
160
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has a nice White Moray. Does anyone one have experience with these guys? I have a Zebra, who is totally mellow.

I would like to get this eel, but will the two eel mix?
Will the white moray go after fish?

I have a 200 gl FOWLR

I am in a fallow period, I have about 5 fish, puffer, trigger, flies fish, rock mover and an unknow....all are adults, however, I will be adding juveniles.

Will the white moray cause me issues?
 
I know of the white-eyed moray(Gymnothorax thyrsoidea ) that I believe is sometimes called the white moray, is it this one. This is a smaller fang tooth eel, should get just over 2'. I would have no problem with housing this with a zebra eel and triggers, but others may be at risk. Any of these fang tooth eels can decide to eat medium or smaller fish, less aggressive fish and slow swimming fish, and crustaceans. The truth is in understanding when the eel matures, you may find good reports when this eel is a juvi, but becomes much more aggressive as they mature. It's not a widely kept eel so I can't really say how aggressive they are, except they are a fang tooth eel and will act as such.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new