Mixing Pavona colors

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,728
Reaction score
33,723
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about trying pavona as my first sps and wondered if multiple colors could be placed on a rock with space between them? Would they eventually grow together and cover the rock or would they end up fighting? I am buying a 4 pack of different colors that's my reason for asking. TIA
 
IME one will dominate all of the others. It's worth a try. Who knows maybe you'll be the lucky one that can graft them together and sell for lots of money. Best of luck.
 
Thanks folks. I'm getting small frags so maybe I'll just put them on the same large rock with a lot of room between them an keep an eye on them. I wasn't sure if they would be like some corals from the same family that will not normally harm each other like euphylia. Nothing grows super fast for me so I should be fine for a while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new