Mixing Station Build

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Just thought I'd see about starting my first build thread! Installing a SW mixing station in my attached garage. You can see the glow of my tank just up the stairs.

I purchased two Norwesco 65gal water tanks, a PanWorld 40PX pump, and various ball valves/pvc, etc. Planning to build a platform about 33" off the ground, to take advantage of storage underneath since I have such high ceilings in here.

Will mount my 5 stage RO/DI on the wall behind, and also put in a utility sink. Thinking I'll mount the sink right on the platform at the 33" height with a mount-in style sink.

Here's the area it will go, and my current shelf of gear, which may go right where it is, but with the wheels off.

Also, unrelated question: You can see I have some dry rock. What's the best way to prep that if I want to add to my sump/fuge/display for add'l bio filtration?

IMG_5309.jpeg

IMG_5311.jpeg

20191016_113013.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Near final product. Added a little 15” bar sink, and need to mount RODI up on the wall over the tanks.
DFB727EF-7CCD-4127-9789-1F259D8EFB6E.jpeg

Looks nice and you got a lot done. The only thing I may have done a bit differently on the top is put a protective surface or paint/epoxy. Just because we are human and we spill. Great job.

OP
OP
Michael Hull

Michael Hull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice and you got a lot done. The only thing I may have done a bit differently on the top is put a protective surface or paint/epoxy. Just because we are human and we spill. Great job.
Think I still will put something down. Recommendations?

U

User1

View Badges
Think I still will put something down. Recommendations?

I don't really. You have already done an amazing job so it could be something has a thin rubber mat / sheeting or two coats of an water proof type paint or sealant. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I think you have several options though. Maybe something used for outdoors may help guide.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back