Mixing Station Pump

jeffberens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to purchase a pump for my basement saltwater mixing station. I have a run of 3/4" hard PVC to the DT from a basement mixing station. It goes 1 floor up and about 35 or 40 feet horizontally.

It will also be plumbed in to mix my saltwater. It looks like a lot of people use the Pan World pumps, so I was wondering if the Pan World 100PX is a good choice because of the 21 ft head rating or the higher flow rate 100PX-X would be better but it only is rated for 13 ft head.
The price is about the same, so which one is the best choice?

Also, if there is a better choice, I want to do this right the first time.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Sicce Syncra 3.0 for my setup, which sounds basically identical to your setup. Mine does not have near the horizontal run that yours does, but horizontal runs do not really factor into the overall gph performance anyway.

OP
OP
jeffberens

jeffberens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Sicce Syncra 3.0 for my setup, which sounds basically identical to your setup. Mine does not have near the horizontal run that yours does, but horizontal runs do not really factor into the overall gph performance anyway.
My system will be very close in design to yours with the added horizontal distance. If you are happy with it, I might just go that route. That is also cheaper than the others I was looking at.
Do you have to prime it or just leave water in the pipes after draining?

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system will be very close in design to yours with the added horizontal distance. If you are happy with it, I might just go that route. That is also cheaper than the others I was looking at.
Do you have to prime it or just leave water in the pipes after draining?

It always stays primed with the way I have my valves set up. A valve right by the sump is a must.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back