Mixing Station successes appreciated!!!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Presently, I have a Spectrapure 5 stage RODI system in our laundry room. Has worked great for years.
Roll water container down the hall, fill the container, remove 20 or so gallons of fresh water and fill 2 ATO reservoirs under my tanks with a 5 gallon bucket. continue filling large container. After container is full add salt. Vacuum both tanks. Proceed with changing water in my display and frag tank.
A lot of steps to say the least. I know a mixing station would cut that down to just turning valves.
1. Outside in a shed seems to be the “ideal” place for this station, really! Plumbing could go right into our attic and reach both tanks for fresh and salt access.
Question:
I live in Arizona, things get hot here besides humans!!!:face-with-thermometer: Would the RODI hold up in 100+ degree weather for 2-3 months annually? The same question applies to a chiller. Thanks.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an old thread about rodi units and heat. Hope it helps!

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an old thread about rodi units and heat. Hope it helps!
Thanks very helpful!

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine in the garage (unconditioned) for a year, gets over 120 degrees out here. Mine is the brs version. Good luck!
An airtight shed under a large shade tree, I bet I could pull off 119 degrees. Lol we’ll see. Thx

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An airtight shed under a large shade tree, I bet I could pull off 119 degrees. Lol we’ll see. Thx
Yea I think my garage got to about 100. The direct sun light would have nuked the thin Membrane housing

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back