Mixing Station Tank Opaque or Transparent ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coreytrv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coreytrv

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2023
Messages
228
Reaction score
126
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my saltwater mixing tank to a larger size. Sometimes I'll premix saltwater, and it sits for a little bit.

The tanks sit in a garage, that has natural light.

I like the see-through nature of the tank, as I can determine level using the grading marks.

BUT, wonder if algae growth or other factors necessitate opaque tanks?

QUESTION:

Opaque or see-through?

If you recommend opaque, what would you use to track the volume inside the tank?

1736798417783.png
 
Looking to upgrade my saltwater mixing tank to a larger size. Sometimes I'll premix saltwater, and it sits for a little bit.

The tanks sit in a garage, that has natural light.

I like the see-through nature of the tank, as I can determine level using the grading marks.

BUT, wonder if algae growth or other factors necessitate opaque tanks?

QUESTION:

Opaque or see-through?

If you recommend opaque, what would you use to track the volume inside the tank?

1736798417783.png
No matter what you do, a film algae will grow. I have cut into 10 year old PVC and there was abundant film algae on all surface in the dark inside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new