Mixing wrasse in 75 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cbones1979
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
395
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I know it’s in here somewhere about what wrasses breeds mix well with other wrasse. I currently have 1 fairy wrasse in a 75 gallon and I’d like to add some more. Preferably ones that eat pests. Anyone have a similar thing going?
 
What fairy do you have and what do you want to add? You can certainly keep other wrasses but more info would help.
 
What fairy do you have and what do you want to add? You can certainly keep other wrasses but more info would help.
Bought it as blue throat fairy wrasse how we it doesn’t have a blue throat.

Was just hoping to add a tang and some wrasse to this 75. Currently they are in a 45
 
Bought it as blue throat fairy wrasse how we it doesn’t have a blue throat.

Was just hoping to add a tang and some wrasse to this 75. Currently they are in a 45
What others do you want to add?
Also if you have a photo of the blue throat fairy we can help with the reason why it may not have the blue throat.
 
What others do you want to add?
Also if you have a photo of the blue throat fairy we can help with the reason why it may not have the blue throat.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 60
What others do you want to add?
Also if you have a photo of the blue throat fairy we can help with the reason why it may not have the blue throat.
Really just looking for compatible wrasses
 
How big is the blue throat? I found some wrasse can be aggressive and territorial depending on rock work. I have 5 wrasse in a 75. Earl, nahacky, golden rhomboid, pinstripe, yellow banded. I want to add 1-2 more but tank fish are in equilibrium at the moment. Also have 1 tang and some other nano.
 
I would suggest going to The Wrasse Guy's website. He has the best information on what you are looking for.
 
How big is the blue throat? I found some wrasse can be aggressive and territorial depending on rock work. I have 5 wrasse in a 75. Earl, nahacky, golden rhomboid, pinstripe, yellow banded. I want to add 1-2 more but tank fish are in equilibrium at the moment. Also have 1 tang and some other nano.
He may be 3 inches
 
I'd bet a melanarus wouldn't have any issues. Same with yellow and green coris.
These are ones I was thinking about. What are the wrasses I should avoid (besides 6 line, I know that one)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new