Mixing Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2009
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Location
Western Mass
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the rule for this? I have a sixline now that I am trying to catch. he has been bullying my jawfish lately so he has to go. I wanted to replace him with a mystery wrasse and a solar wrasse. Would these two be compatable together? tank is a 125.
 
I think the general rule would work fine.
1. shy/fragile/ etc fish goes in first
2. semi
3. meaner fish last.

I have about 3 blue flasher, 2 leopard, another flasher in the same tank. introducing the same sp at the same time is a good idea. ive only last 1 leopard only due another leopard from the same sp killing it which is no longer in my tank.
 
really?! I have never heard of them being aggressive.

They can get nasty. And they are not shrimp safe I know for sure.

Leopards, if you can keep them alive, and yellow (coris some call them) wrasses are very reef safe. Actually good hunters of reef pests as well as pods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new