Mo’s Reef 2

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were powder coated.
Was told aluminium didn’t have the strength of steel.

there were no straps across the top, so the nice thing was that there was nothing in the way….

True aluminum isn't as strong but, what you are getting with the metal trim is more glue surface. The strength of the metal is secondary in my opinion.

But, I am no engineer. Just going off experience.

I would definitely powder coat if it were steel.

OP
OP
Mo.

Mo.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect, thanks.

Do you know if a glass euro brace top and bottom would work on 8x8x27” tank?

do you tend to see them as multi piece siliconed together or a single brave around the tank?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect, thanks.

Do you know if a glass euro brace top and bottom would work on 8x8x27” tank?

do you tend to see them as multi piece siliconed together or a single brave around the tank?

Yes, it would work well. They are usually multipiece to keep cost down but, I think there are manufacturers doing one piece braces.

OP
OP
Mo.

Mo.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well- the building work is taking a bit longer than expected, but I have now ordered the tank.
It’s 8ftx8ftx26”. 4 sides opti white glass. 2 external weir boxes

The build will be on site. No date confirmed yet.

Pumps will be Abyzz.

skimmer - BK

sump will be nice.

lights- still working on it….

watch this space…

OP
OP
Mo.

Mo.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh- I got some Panta Rhei EC63 pumps. I have a magnet missing.

I tried to buy this from the Panta Rhei shop.

I added some flow expanders and new impellors and then paid. I got the impellors and the flow expanders, but no magnet- which is all I really needed.

I asked Panta Rhei and they wouldn’t believe that I hadn’t received it. So I had to buy another one. 21 Euro. He charged me 100 euro to ship it. The last packet cost 48 euro to ship. When I complained, he just told me he was doing me a favour by even shipping it.

Times have changed!!

I’m beginning to worry about if I get a problem with these Panta Rhei’s. Maybe just stick to MP60’s?

Anybody had similar poor experience with so called top end product?

Helfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh- I got some Panta Rhei EC63 pumps. I have a magnet missing.

I tried to buy this from the Panta Rhei shop.

I added some flow expanders and new impellors and then paid. I got the impellors and the flow expanders, but no magnet- which is all I really needed.

I asked Panta Rhei and they wouldn’t believe that I hadn’t received it. So I had to buy another one. 21 Euro. He charged me 100 euro to ship it. The last packet cost 48 euro to ship. When I complained, he just told me he was doing me a favour by even shipping it.

Times have changed!!

I’m beginning to worry about if I get a problem with these Panta Rhei’s. Maybe just stick to MP60’s?

Anybody had similar poor experience with so called top end product?

Sounds very unfortunate and sad experience, especially considering the reputation and price of the products.

I worked 10 years in retail business and never ever this sort of response would have been appropriate towards a customer. I am planning an upgrade myself and for the pumps was considering (and drooling over :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:) either Panta Rhei ECM63's or the new Abyzz Flow Cannon 150. As a customer who is considering spending thousands for a certain product, I do expect and value good customer service, as usually that will tell you a lot about the company in question (from my experience). Hope you get things sorted.

Btw. How long is the warranty on the ECM63's?

OP
OP
Mo.

Mo.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds very unfortunate and sad experience, especially considering the reputation and price of the products.

I worked 10 years in retail business and never ever this sort of response would have been appropriate towards a customer. I am planning an upgrade myself and for the pumps was considering (and drooling over :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:) either Panta Rhei ECM63's or the new Abyzz Flow Cannon 150. As a customer who is considering spending thousands for a certain product, I do expect and value good customer service, as usually that will tell you a lot about the company in question (from my experience). Hope you get things sorted.

Btw. How long is the warranty on the ECM63's?
Warranty is only a year.

I paid 136euro for a magnet and 2 screws.
I got charged 48 Euro Last time for a bigger package including 2 flow expanders.

This time it was 100 euro shipping. I guess I have to blame brexit for that, but not for failing to package a magnet….

I’m too scared to open it in case there is no magnet!

Helfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warranty is only a year.

I paid 136euro for a magnet and 2 screws.
I got charged 48 Euro Last time for a bigger package including 2 flow expanders.

This time it was 100 euro shipping. I guess I have to blame brexit for that, but not for failing to package a magnet….

I’m too scared to open it in case there is no magnet!
For some reason I actually thought you were in USA, as those shipping costs were crazy, and now I realized you're in the UK which makes those shipping costs even crazier :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I live in Finland, and usually the shipping costs are one of the highest in Europe and no way it costs that much to deliver a magnet. As I noted previously, not a good act from the brand, especially when we are dealing with high-cost items such as pumps. Very disappointing to hear.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back