Mobius accuracy question

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious as to the accuracy of the flow rates mobius shows for my MP40s is this reliable enough to help plan and calculate flow rates in the tank or is it more just a software gimmick? Does it sense when flow rate drops due to dirty pumps and reflect that in the displayed flow rates? Lastly I have 4 MP40s. Has the lower changed over the last 5 years or so? Reason being I have 3 that were bought new with mobius chips and one that was a little older but added a mobius chip to. The older head when set as the master for example will show 2700gph the head on the other end programmed as a synced child at 100% will show a flow rate of 3700 in mobius. But when the other 2 MP40s (both newer) are programmed the same they both display 3700gph in mobius.

IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9027.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to how accurate it is as a baseline, but I can confirm that it doesn't account for reduced flow rate due to dirty pumps. My numerical indications in the app stay the same even when I can see obvious reduction in water movement due to dirty cover sponges.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my brand new mp40’s with the limpet wide flow covers do not put out as much flow at 100% as 2 4k gyres and 2 nero 5’s at around 50%.

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is currently bugged for Reefcrest anti sync where the child pump will sporadically drop to lowest speed or accelerate to the fastest. Suggestion from Ecotech: run the child pump off Mobius or run them separate. ETA for resolving via firmware or new Mobius update: “Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe for the update, but my team will have it addressed in the next Mobius update.”

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is currently bugged for Reefcrest anti sync where the child pump will sporadically drop to lowest speed or accelerate to the fastest. Suggestion from Ecotech: run the child pump off Mobius or run them separate. ETA for resolving via firmware or new Mobius update: “Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe for the update, but my team will have it addressed in the next Mobius update.”
I don’t use reefcrest. I use gyre, tidal swell, and pulse modes only. Does this affect those modes?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious as to the accuracy of the flow rates mobius shows for my MP40s is this reliable enough to help plan and calculate flow rates in the tank or is it more just a software gimmick? Does it sense when flow rate drops due to dirty pumps and reflect that in the displayed flow rates? Lastly I have 4 MP40s. Has the lower changed over the last 5 years or so? Reason being I have 3 that were bought new with mobius chips and one that was a little older but added a mobius chip to. The older head when set as the master for example will show 2700gph the head on the other end programmed as a synced child at 100% will show a flow rate of 3700 in mobius. But when the other 2 MP40s (both newer) are programmed the same they both display 3700gph in mobius.

IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9027.jpeg
My little experience with Mobius tells me that the numbers are not only BS but the MP40s don’t behave as programmed. The product is garbage. The MP40s appear to be nice though.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played with it for days. That is not the only bug. My MP10s show up as MP40s and every time you “resync” them with Mobius, they do something different. Anti sync does not work, parent child does not work properly in sync mode either. Transitions don’t work as expected, schedules don’t change on time, etc.

It is not a “bug” the software and firmware to accommodate it is just trash.

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played with it for days. That is not the only bug. My MP10s show up as MP40s and every time you “resync” them with Mobius, they do something different. Anti sync does not work, parent child does not work properly in sync mode either. Transitions don’t work as expected, schedules don’t change on time, etc.

It is not a “bug” the software and firmware to accommodate it is just trash.
I concur. Basic functionality is missing. My biggest request to Ecotech: PLEASE ALLOW ME TO JUST SYNC PUMPS MANUALLY WITHOUT TRASH SOFTWARE.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back