Mobius VorTech Child mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem a month ago. Power cycling the each vt fixed it. I just checked and post update, I'm not experiencing any problems with child sync or anti sync.

Try a power cycle and see if it fixes it... if not go to settings>troubleshooting >verify settings. It will look for discrepancies and if it finds them it will offer you a choice to resolve them. Click resolve and see if it fixes it. If not use the in app feedback to send them a report.

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem a month ago. Power cycling the each vt fixed it. I just checked and post update, I'm not experiencing any problems with child sync or anti sync.

Try a power cycle and see if it fixes it... if not go to settings>troubleshooting >verify settings. It will look for discrepancies and if it finds them it will offer you a choice to resolve them. Click resolve and see if it fixes it. If not use the in app feedback to send them a report.

I have attempted a power cycle a few times already but never the verify settings. It did seem like it showed an issue with one of the pumps but did not give me any resolve buttons so I used the app to request support so we will see if they respond and if they can offer any suggestions.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my child pump suddenly runs at 100% (full power) while the mother pump continues the reef mode. ecotech .. that's **** !!

5A773250-334E-42B3-9D75-3A512ECFCA11.jpeg AB53F4E1-EB70-4499-95A0-922F9B7B4D40.png

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently noticed this issue and was able to fix it.

Originally, I did not have mobius, configured pump 1 as parent, pump 2 as child.

Upgraded to mobius and programmed it, all was well. (pump 1 parent, pump 2 antisync child)

Wanted to clean things up, switched pump 2 to parent and pump 1 to child. Deleted and reprogrammed the settings in Mobius.... Odd things started happening. In Tidal swell, the child would go into constant 100%, also the child was no longer using the "max" as a relative max (% of parent) but rather an absolute max. Mobius would show the correct "flow", but the actual pump and controller showed these odd behaviors.

Switched back to pump 1 parent and pump 2 child and it all works correct.

I wonder if there can be a conflict between what has been "manually programmed" into the pumps directly vs mobius.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m having the same issues with child in anti sync mode. It will either:
A) get a time out message when saving the setting In Mobius, will accept after multiple saves.
B) accept the setting, turn orange but will only run at the first white light constant and Mobius shows 0 flow
C) pump will not turn back on or to the orange child setting after a power cycle without hitting a manual button and then going back into Mobius and clicking resume schedule.
D) will run at a constant speed depending on where the last manual setting was made regardless if it is back to following Mobius schedule (I found this out after half my sand bed blew to the other side of the tank).

I went out and dropped $400 today at the LFS for an additional MP40, which had the shiny Mobius ready sticker on it. Needless to say, Mobius is not fully ready for the vortechs. I’m about to downgrade the firmwares back to use the manual controller, when things worked. @Tim at EcoTech please at least acknowledge you guys are aware of the issue and working on a fix (yes, I’ve submitted help tickets with screenshots through Mobius).

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issues with child in anti sync mode. It will either:
A) get a time out message when saving the setting In Mobius, will accept after multiple saves.
B) accept the setting, turn orange but will only run at the first white light constant and Mobius shows 0 flow
C) pump will not turn back on or to the orange child setting after a power cycle without hitting a manual button and then going back into Mobius and clicking resume schedule.
D) will run at a constant speed depending on where the last manual setting was made regardless if it is back to following Mobius schedule (I found this out after half my sand bed blew to the other side of the tank).

I went out and dropped $400 today at the LFS for an additional MP40, which had the shiny Mobius ready sticker on it. Needless to say, Mobius is not fully ready for the vortechs. I’m about to downgrade the firmwares back to use the manual controller, when things worked. @Tim at EcoTech please at least acknowledge you guys are aware of the issue and working on a fix (yes, I’ve submitted help tickets with screenshots through Mobius).
I can tell you that this is a known issue and they are working to squash the bug.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another update. It started "reverting" my child to orange (anti sync) and ~50-60%. I tried clearing memory on both pumps, deleting from mobius and re-adding, still did not work.

Current work around, instead of 1 child segment, insert a new child segment for each parent segment, then set the "max speed" of the child segment to what I want (not percent of parent, but actual max)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just curious as to why down grading the Vortech seems to be such a bad thing?
I have not used Mobius or the new firmware so could someone tell me what new features they added to the Vortech's that entice people into using Mobius?

Thanks

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently ecotech likes to be in control of everything. or why do you have to be connected to the internet to use mobius !? why not offline ?? what is ecotech really doing?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently ecotech likes to be in control of everything. or why do you have to be connected to the internet to use mobius !? why not offline ?? what is ecotech really doing?
Most likely they are running DNS software on their servers to track your homes external IP address. That way when you log in from another location they can give the app the right IP address to use.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just curious as to why down grading the Vortech seems to be such a bad thing?
I have not used Mobius or the new firmware so could someone tell me what new features they added to the Vortech's that entice people into using Mobius?

Thanks
Might have misunderstood what you meant but the majority of the bad notions around downgrading from Mobius to ESl again is because it has issues and for most isnt actually possible at the minute. Software times out mid process and causes bigger issues to the device, some saying they cannot then use them at all. Bricking, i guess. But its only what ive read.

For me, Mobius doesnt have too many new features currently, but the UI and design itself is much much better than ESL for me personally. I also prefer the direct bluetooth connection as opposed to the wifi connection via reeflink. One less thing on my home network and bluetooth has been flawless for me.

Do you need to be connected to the internet? I know Android you do but thats not on Ecotechs behalf, The google playstore requires location services to be activated to enable bluetooth use.

I didnt think iOS required internet access to work, pretty sure ive used my mobile in airplane mode with Mobius a few times. Could be very wrong though.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ios and everything has to be activated. nothing works in flight mode.

510E33BB-4ABF-41F8-A3BF-ECC1856DA06B.png

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ios and everything has to be activated. nothing works in flight mode.

510E33BB-4ABF-41F8-A3BF-ECC1856DA06B.png
Thats very odd, im sure i was in airplane mode at one point, - Airplane mode mayturn bluetooth off too so you may need to turn it back on whilst in airplane mode.

Switch airplane mode on - Turn bluetooth back on - You then have bluetooth but no internet access.

Again, could be very worng here but im sure i was in airplane mode whilst updating my devices in Mobius

Linked page - Right at the bottom, even advises being in airplane mode to prevent interferance when upgrading.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to log into mobius first and then everything can be deactivated except for Bluetooth. that's how it works.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to log into mobius first and then everything can be deactivated except for Bluetooth. that's how it works.
Would be interesting to know what the internet access is for in that case then, they obviously have you create an account and log in each time and it will be for verification but was under the impression nothing is logged to accounts now.

Obviously remote connection is coming later so its likely to do with that but wasnt aware you had to have that internet connection currently, though bluetooth was enough and away you go. Good to know though.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can tell you that this is a known issue and they are working to squash the bug.
Well I’m not sure that’s true. I’ve been talking to Ecotech today and they have not acknowledged this is an issue and seem like this is the first time they are hearing about it. They have made me go through every possible troubleshoot that the issue is with my set up rather than accepting it’s a software bug.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ecotech is not telling the truth. a few weeks ago i discussed this topic with a chris fernandes. I got all the instructions from him, but none of them fixed the error. I heard nothing more about ecotech.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fhdj
Well I’m not sure that’s true. I’ve been talking to Ecotech today and they have not acknowledged this is an issue and seem like this is the first time they are hearing about it. They have made me go through every possible troubleshoot that the issue is with my set up rather than accepting it’s a software bug.
ecotech is not telling the truth. a few weeks ago i discussed this topic with a chris fernandes. I got all the instructions from him, but none of them fixed the error. I heard nothing more about ecotech.
Blame it on covid. the guys that you talk to are usually sitting at home fielding calls, it's a matter of one hand not talking to the other.

I asked the question today, and they're aware of it.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Were these issues ever addressed / resolved. Just upgraded my 6 mp40 / mp60s to mobius and have a lot of sync / Anti sync issues. Sort of wish I left them on the wxm so far.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment everything works as it should.
Unfortunately the last firmware update shot the bluetooth chip of one of my MP40QD pumps. In the middle of the update he stopped at the "Wireless" message and reported "Failed". the pump works, it can no longer be controlled with Mobius. The new chip should arrive here today or Monday.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back