Mocha Storm Clownfish W/ lightning maroon

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i indeed love the lightning maroon clown but I love the Mocha Storm Clownfish and my maroon clown I have now definitely doesn’t seem to be the mean type of maroon but I could be wrong. Debating on if I want to keep lighting maroon and go with another one or get rid of the lightning maroon and do some designer clowns. Anyone know of the lighting maroon and Mocha Storm Clownfish being together

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could always use an acclimation box to see how the maroon will act.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of the one you currently have. Then when you get the storm also put in a new lighting. So both fish are being introduce to the same system and the same time.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always use an acclimation box to see how the maroon will act.
I was thinking on that. My lightning is literally scared of other fish and coral. A bit weird. I dont know what I’ll try but we will see how things work if I decide to do the mocha and keep the lightning maroon

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mocha Storm is an Occelaris variant. Unless your tank is big enough to scuba dive in, that is a recipe for disaster...
lol yeah very well could be I just know maroons go with maroons and nothing else so i was curious to what other thought.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yeah very well could be I just know maroons go with maroons and nothing else so i was curious to what other thought.
Possible, sure, but more than likely the larger maroon will kill the ocy. If i were to try this it would probably be the opposite way around with a ocy female and a maroon male. Maroons are finicky with partners and many will turn on their partners too

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually tried it, long before the internet was there to ask. Even in a six foot long rocked up tank the experiment lasted all of five minutes. It ended with the Occelaris in the Maroons mouth while she attempted to feed it to her anemone.

I managed to extract it, and the happy ending is that episode got my girlfriend (now my wife) to agree to a second tank.

I then bought Joyce Wilkerson's great book, which was the clownfish bible back in those days. Both eventually got proper mates, lived long lives and spawned for me. In different tanks ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually tried it, long before the internet was there to ask. Even in a six foot long rocked up tank the experiment lasted all of five minutes. It ended with the Occelaris in the Maroons mouth while she attempted to feed it to her anemone.

I managed to extract it, and the happy ending is that episode got my then girlfriend to agree to a second tank.

I then bought Joyce Wilkerson's great book, which was the clownfish bible back in those days. Both eventually got proper mates, lived long lives and spawned for me. In different tanks ;)
Jesus hahahah! The thing is my maroon clown is SMALL and scared of my neon goby and wrasse. It’s a chicken

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard enough getting the maroons to pair up with each other
Yeah no doubt I had gotten the lighting maroons together and the bigger was the bully so I returned it to my LFS and got a hammer coral do the exchange.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back