Mod for NANO Stream

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patedship showed how to do this I think on another fourm, good info I think maybe someone could share there experiance with doing it also?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i was reading up on it over on RC...

IMO....no thanks. its an expensive pump. destroys the point in buying a good pump only to destroy it to possibly make it better, with no proven results that it will last long term and not burn out.

having the great customer service and warrenty is worth it enough to just leave the pump alone, b/c they'll replace it free of cost if anything goes wrong.

if you have a modding fixation, go buy a maxijet and mess with that...JMO.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I asked the Tunze guy over on RC about it, and he didn't deny that there was one that would work...but why would you want to? Since getting my 6025s...they have replaced...free of charge...the housing clips twice for both of them...and the whole motor housing once for both of them (I got one of the first production runs where the tolerances were a little off). Try finding another company out there that will replace their hardware no questions asked! As soon as you MOD them though...they are done with you!

If you want more flow...but a higher rated one...or a MJ!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I asked the Tunze guy over on RC about it, and he didn't deny that there was one that would work...but why would you want to? Since getting my 6025s...they have replaced...free of charge...the housing clips twice for both of them...and the whole motor housing once for both of them (I got one of the first production runs where the tolerances were a little off). Try finding another company out there that will replace their hardware no questions asked! As soon as you MOD them though...they are done with you!

If you want more flow...but a higher rated one...or a MJ!

yeah, i agree. people have too much money on their hands to try and make something that is already a good thing....yet expensive and trying to make it "better". and when i mean "better", that is purely based on the opinion of the individual trying to prove it was worth ripping the pump apart.

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, I know a couple people that have had theres up and running for 4 months with no problems. Personaly I had I replacment motor sent to me for free so I did not have a problem doing this mod, because if down the road something happens I have an easy replacement. Now would I mod all 4 of mine? Probably not, but I will probably mod another one.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine has the mod. it works great, and definetly improved flow. its not a big deal, it only modifies the front cover, so in the event you wanted to change back, you can buy a new cover piece from tunze.. I think they are about 15$

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine has the mod. it works great, and definetly improved flow. its not a big deal, it only modifies the front cover, so in the event you wanted to change back, you can buy a new cover piece from tunze.. I think they are about 15$

thats correct, the cover mod does not look like a big deal and may be worth doing.

but if you do the other mods they are talking about to the motor/housing/prop assembly...thats a little overboard IMO.

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree with Al, all those mods that involve chopping up the shroud looks really dumb. I figured I nearly doubled the flow for 30 seconds worth of work I will leave it at that. Someone of RC actually measured the flow and stock it comes at around 710gph and after the mod it was around 1200gph. Def. worth a try you will love it!

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no pics- sorry. All I did was use a dremel to cut away the bottom half of the output shroud. It acts like a funnel, funneling flow from the prop, out of the PH. The mod allows a little more of the flow from the prop to exit the PH in the main flow pattern. Previously, it was being deflected back to the prop.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back