Modded Aqua One Trio - 8.5 Gallon

ArtihC

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
9
Location
Toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm a long time hobbyist but this is my first time doing a nano tank. I thought I'd join this great community, share my set-up and get advice and feedback from everyone here.

The tank is an Aqua One Betta Trio (8.5 gallons). I removed the dividers, swapped the spray nozzle with a spray bar from an Eheim Pro 4 which I cut to fit, and changed the pump to the Hydor Pico 100.

The filter compartment is set up like a sump. I decided not to use the included media cartridges but kept the coarse sponges. I now have an Eheim Skim 350 in the first chamber to draw in a bit more water and any surface scum/debris. The second and third chamber has the coarse sponges, the forth chamber has Eheim Substrate Pro, the fifth chamber has cheato and Chemi Pure Elite. The final chamber is where the heater and Pico 100 pump is.

For lighting I am using an AquaticLife 36", 36W Expandable LED (12 x White, 18 x Blue, 6 x Purple) with the lens diffusers (optics) removed. I also have an EcoTech MP10 ES-W.

I'm using Carib Sea Life Rock and Caribbean Live Sand. It is just softies, zoas and GSP at the moment. I plan on adding some SPS once I feel the tank is more established and matured.

There's a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shirmp, 4 blue legged hermits and 2 Ocellaris Clowns.

20160602_160554.jpg


20160511_172604.jpg


20160511_172610.jpg


20160602_160504.jpg


2016_06_02_16_08_13.jpg


2016_06_02_20_04_41.jpg
 
Thanks! I'm currently looking for some SPS frags to add, and possibly a Mame Skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new