Modding Kessil fan

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought my used Kessil A360WE’s, I noticed the fans were really loud. One of them had a loud whine that sounded as if the bearings were going out. I cleaned them thoroughly which helped a lot (see previous thread) but I also wanted to upgrade the fans to see if I could cut down on the noise. I was able to remove the fan and replace it with a Noctua fan, which from what I understand is supposed to be one of the better small fans out there. The lights are much quieter now and don’t have the whine they previously had! Very happy with the results.

2DD334D4-44F5-4D44-A0F7-D326D07586AA.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see on the box it says it has 3 fan speeds, how is that adjusted once you put it in the kessil? or is it non adjustable once you install it?

OP
OP
LoneStarReef

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not adjustable. However, I don’t have them hooked up to the Apex yet. I wonder if there is a setting in Apex to adjust the speed?

I see on the box it says it has 3 fan speeds, how is that adjusted once you put it in the kessil? or is it non adjustable once you install it?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not adjustable. However, I don’t have them hooked up to the Apex yet. I wonder if there is a setting in Apex to adjust the speed?
I wouldn't think so if you have it hooked up to the kessil,
there's no way to go into the kessil and adjust the fan speed you would have to hook the fan up to the Apex directly somehow I think

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm aware this is an old thread but how difficult was it to install? I have same issue with one, had it apart multiple times cleaned & lubed fan only to have noise come back days later.

OP
OP
LoneStarReef

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm aware this is an old thread but how difficult was it to install? I have same issue with one, had it apart multiple times cleaned & lubed fan only to have noise come back days later.

It really wasn’t all that hard. Just take ur time and remove things carefully. I have had mine going for over a year now and no problems at all.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back