Mode aquariums????

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Does anybody has experience with this aquariums? I had my sights locked on a red sea reefer 350 but now that the panic button has been pressed by so many RS reefer owners i started looking for aluminum frames and stumbled with this brand. Is it any good? One downsize i already see is the lack of space in the sump area but the sump is big enough out of the box to run a skimmer and a refugium. Any insight is appreciated, i really like the peace of mind alumimum stands offer and the magnetic panels for easy access are really cool too.

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only found reviews on the old tanls and they are really bad reviews. Ill have to read on the DIY aluminum stands and go with that and a custom tank.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no personal experience with them but it looks like the new Innovative Marine tanks have aluminum stands included at a reasonable price if you haven't seen those yet. And they use standard US plumbing sizes which is nice compared to mode / cad lights or others which uses metric / non standard plumbing that makes replacements nearly impossible to source (oh and they won't return your calls or emails after purchased for things like this BTW).

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow im so happy i asked. I read about CAD lights horror stories and not only the merchandise it seems customer sercive is not good at all. Thanks everyone ill look for the stand somewhere else

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, thanks for asking, yup, I was eyeing them after you mentioned them. Running for the hills is advice I'll take, too. I keep looking at the Red Seas, but then I saw the forum thread about the big ones having issues.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, thanks for asking, yup, I was eyeing them after you mentioned them. Running for the hills is advice I'll take, too. I keep looking at the Red Seas, but then I saw the forum thread about the big ones having issues.

The issues with Red Sea seem to be limited to the 750XXLs, Red Ses overall are great tanks and they still do have excellent customer service. They are remedying the situation with the 750s and hopefully this whole thing will be a thing of the past. Innovative Marine is a great option as well as a myriad of other customs options.

@yan2pr if you truly do want a Reefer 350 then get one, plenty of those kicking around with little to no failures. They are beautiful tanks and should last you many years if installed and cared for properly.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were looking at a tank the size of the 350, Red Sea would be a tank I would consider for sure.

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would NEVER buy a “Reef Ready” system unless it was one of the Planet Aquariums Crystsline series setups. The reason? The sumps. All of these reef ready systems come with sumps that are limiting on size and layout. They are also all glass so if you’re running a refugium get ready for algae on everything!
The crystalline series come with purpose built sumps and look great.
I would suggest either SC Aquariums without a sump, or one of the new IM NUVO EXT or INT systems.
The new Nuvo systems come with a nice metal stand and have no sump included which leaves it up to you.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run for the hills. This is the same company as cad lights.
same as cad lights? or was it cad lights renamed? what experiece have you heard or have with mode aquariums. I am looking to maybe get one their tanks and want actual concrete facts not rumors.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same as cad lights? or was it cad lights renamed? what experiece have you heard or have with mode aquariums. I am looking to maybe get one their tanks and want actual concrete facts not rumors.

If you'd like people to help you I'd suggest not insinuating that they are spreading rumors and ask politely. I am a mode / cad lights owner.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd like people to help you I'd suggest not insinuating that they are spreading rumors and ask politely. I am a mode / cad lights owner.
I am not suggesting that he is spreading rumors. I have been reading rumors or opinions from FEW people and want to get facts... No Need to discuss any longer, it is the same company just renamed..

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not suggesting that he is spreading rumors. I have been reading rumors or opinions from FEW people and want to get facts... No Need to discuss any longer, it is the same company just renamed..

Not really. Both Companies still exist and have coexisted for many years now. Mode does not market the tank I have (a cad lights artisan II) but it was sold as a Mode tank at trade show. Same people running both companies.

Last edited:

ModeAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for asking and not listening to rumors! Mode and CAD are NOT the same company nor was there any renaming.

Have a great day!

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for asking and not listening to rumors! Mode and CAD are NOT the same company nor was there any renaming.

Have a great day!

First, the person you are complimenting is in fact the one spreading rumors as you can see in his last post here:

Second, could you please clear up the following:
  • Why at shows do the same people represent the same products (Cad and Mode) in the same booth?
  • Why when I order a Mode Aquarium I am delivered a Cad Lights Artisan?
  • Why When I have a Mode Aquarium I am sent a user manual for a Cad Lights Artisan (which had to be requested from Mode since it wasn't included)?
  • Why is the tank I purchased through Mode not available on Mode's site and only through Cad Lights?
  • Why have I've dealt with the exact same people with both Companies via email, in person etc.?
While I'm sure you technically have different legal entities, for all intensive purposes for the end user here they sure seem to be the same.... unless ownership changed within the last few years at one or both.

Last edited:

ModeAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, the person you are complimenting is in fact the one spreading rumors as you can see in his last post here:

Second, could you please clear up the following:
  • Why at shows do the same people represent the same products (Cad and Mode) in the same booth?
  • Why when I order a Mode Aquarium I am delivered a Cad Lights Artisan?
  • Why When I have a Mode Aquarium I am sent a Manual for a Cad Lights Artisan (which had to be requested from Mode since it wasn't included)?
  • Why is the tank I purchased through Mode not available on Mode's site and only through Cad Lights?
  • Why have I've dealt with the exact same people with both Companies via email, in person etc.?
While I'm sure you technically have different legal entities, for all intensive purposes for the end user here they sure seem to be the same.... unless ownership changed within the last few years at one or both.

Hi,
Mode and CAD are both owned by one larger company. Although this is the case, both companies have their own teams and are run by different people. In the beginning of Mode Aquariums launch there was some cross overs so maybe this was the case for you.

Mode aquariums has its own products and are only sold at modeaquariums.com and authorized dealers.

Thank you for your questions, hope I was able to clear everything up for you.

ReefAtlantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Does anybody has experience with this aquariums? I had my sights locked on a red sea reefer 350 but now that the panic button has been pressed by so many RS reefer owners i started looking for aluminum frames and stumbled with this brand. Is it any good? One downsize i already see is the lack of space in the sump area but the sump is big enough out of the box to run a skimmer and a refugium. Any insight is appreciated, i really like the peace of mind alumimum stands offer and the magnetic panels for easy access are really cool too.
I came across this thread somehow and really wanted to give you an honest opinion from someone who owns the infinity 50G series. This tank is absolutely amazing and is a head turner everytime my friends and family come over. Don't listen to anyones lies here. I personally own this tank and have not one issue it's a bad butt tank, the build quality is flawless and tough. Check out my latest video on youtube and see for yourself ☺️

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this thread somehow and really wanted to give you an honest opinion from someone who owns the infinity 50G series. This tank is absolutely amazing and is a head turner everytime my friends and family come over. Don't listen to anyones lies here. I personally own this tank and have not one issue it's a bad butt tank, the build quality is flawless and tough. Check out my latest video on youtube and see for yourself ☺

Not sure how you just "Stumbled" across this thread but on your first post to the community coming out and calling people lairs who have had actual experience with the company in question as well is a little bit outlandish. I'm glad you had a positive experience with Mode Aquariums but you are definitely the minority here...

CavamaroZ28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have a great day!
But then how come when you buy something on cadlights, you end up paying mode aquariums through PayPal? Then never get the products you ordered. Or even a return email or phone call. And when you get someone to finally respond on Facebook they leave you on read when You tell them you need the plumbing parts you ordered for a tank you purchased YEARS AGO from mode at a trade show. SEND ME MY PARTSSS!!!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how you just "Stumbled" across this thread but on your first post to the community coming out and calling people lairs who have had actual experience with the company in question as well is a little bit outlandish. I'm glad you had a positive experience with Mode Aquariums but you are definitely the minority here...

A bit coincidental to me. Haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back