Modular Marine 2400 Overflow

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont have any instructions for the plumbing inside the overflow. I understand there is a primary, secondary and emergency drain, but not sure the height and appropriate fittings to plumb those. Thanks

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not exactly a “bean overflow” this is what most people would do for a three pipe overflow. Take a look:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of different ways frankly. Primary siphon can be as simple as a screen threaded into the bulkhead (which is what I do) or some form of a U. The idea is to get the mouth as far from the surface as possible to prevent an air vortex. Secondary should be a standpipe topped with a U. I drill a small hole in the top to prevent airlock. The bottom curve of the U will set the water level in the external box, so adjust height accordingly. Emergency should be slightly higher than the top curve of the secondary, but no closer than 3/4” to the top rim of the external box. I always upsize the pipe diameter on the emergency.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back