Modular Marine Bean Animal - plumbing input needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So after getting some 90s today I realize that there isn't enough room to have 90s on any of my drains without cutting the threads down on a bulkhead. I don't think this is an option anymore since the tank is running and there isn't enough room to really get behind it and do that much work. Oh well, you live and you learn.
 
6d06ff67a505c37be6a077d92d36671e.jpg


This worked for me
 
So after getting some 90s today I realize that there isn't enough room to have 90s on any of my drains without cutting the threads down on a bulkhead. I don't think this is an option anymore since the tank is running and there isn't enough room to really get behind it and do that much work. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Take a picture of what you are talking about.
 
I've got 90s on mine. Works just fine.

20181118_133127.jpg
Is the 2 drain pipes submerged into sock? Is it compulsory to be submerged for bean animal overflow? so that it will make a full siphon.
 
Is the 2 drain pipes submerged into sock? Is it compulsory to be submerged for bean animal overflow? so that it will make a full siphon.
My understanding is yes for the full siphon; trickle drain it doesn't matter but for noise reduction you could.
 
I am on my phone so just putting in a nonsense reply so I can dig it up. Searching for pvc globe valves but will use brass if I have to. Trying to use 45 s for the most part and figuring out how I can support that
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new