Module error on Trident_7_3 (Test A)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few weeks about half the time my Trident runs tests, I've getting "Module error on Trident_7_3 (Test A)". The other half of times the alkalinity readings are varying much more widely than they had been before I started getting this error. Previously the readings were varying between 8.4 and 8.6. Now they're varying between 7.9 and 8.6. When I use my Hanna checker to test the readings they always come in pretty close to 8.5. I bought this unit 6 months ago.

Neptune, do I need to send the unit in for servicing or is there a fix I can attempt?

Last edited:

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have the reagents been in the trident? Percentage remaining?

OP
OP
Joe Rice

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually happened as one bottle of reagent A reached its end and is continuing with the new bottle which itself is now down to 43%

U

User1

View Badges
Check Neptunes official forums - in the Trident sub forum. Neptune also has a Trident trouble shooting page. You can use the pull down to select error and see what they recommend.

I'm not sure I understand if there is a issue now or now since you mentioned in your second post it occurred in a empty reagent A. Now the reagents are at 40% or so. Is the issue still happening? If so take a screen shot of the error and send Neptune a email support ticket.

It isn't a issue of servicing yet. That is going to be about 14 - 16 month mark or so they said. Right now you need to look at your sample line, placement, make sure it isn't getting drawn into a pump, tangled, twisted, or micro bubbles. Clean area of the draw area is also important. Example I was seeing numbers off but I had a Brightwell marine block thing starting to crumble that caused me my similar errors. Ended up being a clogged line.

Anyway I don't have anything specific to say and try other than if you haven't check the Neptune forums. Seems to be a lot of useful information there and you may have better luck than here. Also check the trouble shooting page - and see if the error is in the pull down. I don't recall module being listed but reagent a was. Not sure if that will help.

But please submit a ticket - you will get a response back although probably on Monday since they are closed on the weekends.

OP
OP
Joe Rice

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll check their forums and submit a ticket.

In terms of intake placement, I was pretty careful and it was working fine for the first 5 months. I might remove the line and try to blow it out though, just in case it is clogged.

Reefer508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, open a ticket. I am having problems with some funky test results from my Trident, but Neptune is working with me to fix it. I'm hoping its something stupid I'm doing and not a flaw in the Trident.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll check their forums and submit a ticket.

In terms of intake placement, I was pretty careful and it was working fine for the first 5 months. I might remove the line and try to blow it out though, just in case it is clogged.
First and foremost, opening a ticket is probably the best idea. They've been great every time I need help.
While you wait for a response I will share some info with issues Ive ran into.
1 Ive had the same issue before and the pickup tube in the reagent bottle was slightly angled, didn't start until around 40% remaining whereas the skewing started when around 25% (normal replacement time for mine). With the tubing adapter passing thru the top and the rubber holding the pickup tube I believe it just twisted a little when removing or putting back on the bottle. I now hold the top and unscrew the bottle instead of spinning the top off. Remove the top from the reagent and make sure that when you hold the top level that the pickup tube is hanging straight down.
2 Behind the reagent drawer there is a manifold where all the tubes are connected, make sure all the tubes look to be fully seated.
3 There could have been a little debris in the picked in the sample tube and it could be effecting the tests so, after checking these above things, I would prime all lines a couple times and then proceed to restart Trident.
* If the problem persist I would replace the Reagent bottle and try again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back