Molly Miller blenny

porawhora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with Molly Miller Blennies eating aiptasia? The aiptasia x isn’t cutting it. Filefish always seem to eat LPS/softies. My H. Timorensis would maem quick work of any nudis..

Thoughts? Ideas?

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 MM blennies and yes they do eat aips but not the big ones. I found they scraped the rocks around the base of the large ones taking out the babies. It took time but as a big aips dies off there were no smaller ones growing on to take their place.

I had success using a multi-pronged attack- Pep shrimps, MM blennies, CB and where I could, physical removal and a big slice of patience. I, like you, found 'chemical warfare' didn't work it just seemed to start a new generation.

DirtMcGurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone breeding Molly Miller blennies? I can't find them anywhere.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone breeding Molly Miller blennies? I can't find them anywhere.
I have three I got from Sustainable Aquatics. Looks like they have Molly Millers available on their site. Pretty sure I've seen them recently on DD, also.
Do Molly Miller Blennies Eat LPS corals?
No they do not. My tank is nothing but LPS and no problems. They did go after my rock flower nems though.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with Molly Miller Blennies eating aiptasia? The aiptasia x isn’t cutting it. Filefish always seem to eat LPS/softies. My H. Timorensis would maem quick work of any nudis..

Thoughts? Ideas?
I don't have any aiptasia so can't give my experience on that. From what others have posted there is a good chance they will eat it. Not all will but maybe most? Mine did go after my rock flower nems but did not touch my bta's.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any aiptasia so can't give my experience on that. From what others have posted there is a good chance they will eat it. Not all will but maybe most? Mine did go after my rock flower nems but did not touch my bta's.
I lost a black widow after adding a miller blenny and an emerald crab!!!! I thought it is the crabs at first...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back