OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ECHRv3g-mNxBK8kDLuY6EOIpxUN0CSCZD8G8EMtrW96xYK21_KZFiUlPTgmhUrenZTP3f1s383E4ETG9O29qT9WwXxuY_-5QXYGjlKEalG2aTwGbDWLbSjqGIV2pj1aAJsiZg8N9
This is just my gerbil chilling in front of the decorator's tank.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get some pictures soon.
Oh I forgot about pictures sorry. In my littler 20gl things went down hill fast my giant hermit crab moved in there because he was not happy in the other tank for a few weeks he just sat in the corner half alive I thought he was about to molt but he passed lat night he crawled out of his shell again. My decorator also is in that tank he has been doing well but the day before the hermit passed he formed a blob around his heed I dout he is still alive pods are crawling on him. :(
My big tank is doing ok. The algae has slowed corals are really happy with the new light. My brain coral formed a polyp. I will test parameters today and get pictures. (unless I forget)

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update my tank is still very green not as bad as it used to be though. Also I recently had a huge wipe out in my crab population an I don't think there are any left.

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idr if you run a fuge or not, but I've got nearly 0 algae in my DT with chaeto and more LR in the fuge. The chaeto is clean, but the LR has gotten quite a bit of GHA on it. I don't mind because it's in the sump, but maybe that's an idea for you to try out.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on a month long RV trip had someone feed my tank once a week and not clean it looks the same not much more alga on the rocks but the glass is considerably greener. Nothings died the Feather duster looks very happy and much bigger than last I saw it.

While it is still green I am surprised the algae did not take over completely or kill any corals because no one was keeping up with it.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is some good news Im going to tep move my fish to my sisters tank and then take apart the tank clean out all the algae fix the carpet then put it back together I will do this over Christmas rn I have a fan blowing in there 24/7. Only prob how do I move corals that are on rocks?

Island Reef 242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad the fish have a place to stay till your tank is up and running again. If your corals have grown off the plugs and are incrusted on the rocks you will have to chisel them off, or break the rock into smaller pieces. Just make sure you scrape off all the algae from whatever rock/coral you put in your sisters tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back