Monday morning heart attack

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went downstairs to start the day and was treated to a 'Dead' blood shrimp. My initial thought was that my shrimp had died and my heart sank.
Then I took a closer look to where it usually hangs out and there it was all decked out in a new suit of armor.

I have only had it 10 days and was definitely not expecting a molt, but there it is.

Love this hobby lol but thanks for the heart attack just the same.

20210830_110513.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The title of this thread alone scared me man!!

15aleo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went downstairs to start the day and was treated to a 'Dead' blood shrimp. My initial thought was that my shrimp had died and my heart sank.
Then I took a closer look to where it usually hangs out and there it was all decked out in a new suit of armor.

I have only had it 10 days and was definitely not expecting a molt, but there it is.

20210830_110513.jpg
I had the exact thing happen with some crawfish. Definitely can give you palpitations when you’re not expecting a molt!

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys ever have a fish drag around a molt? I ask because my daughter texted me yesterday that a fish killed one of our skunk cleaners and sent a pic of a clown dragging the carcass around. Not a good pic so I could not tell if if it was half a dead body or half a molt. I've only seen one skunk cleaner since.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter how many times it happens, a molt will always scare the heck out of me. My emerald crab’s molts would literally look like a perfect replica of him.
1630497179352.jpeg

Crayfish molts in my freshwater tanks also scare me, since it always looks like one of the cichlids ripped it’s head off…

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skunk cleaner molted within minutes of being added to the tank…and I watched it happen. Thought it was dying. It flopped on it’s side, wiggled a few times, and bam! It was done. Pretty cool.
My daughter got to see my cleaner shrimp molt. I was like, in an excited voice “was it cool?” She was like, Meh. I secretly hate her for it lol.

ShadowMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210830_110513.jpg
Yeah I feel your panic... had exact same experience with my brand new reef tank and Blood Red, the missus thought the tank had killed it and was devastated... thankfully found the little blighter hiding in the cave

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter how many times it happens, a molt will always scare the heck out of me. My emerald crab’s molts would literally look like a perfect replica of him.
1630497179352.jpeg

Crayfish molts in my freshwater tanks also scare me, since it always looks like one of the cichlids ripped it’s head off…
I have NEVER seen my emerald molt.... he really needs to! Yes that is a hair algae....

PXL_20210902_013451679.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back