- Joined
- Apr 1, 2014
- Messages
- 90
- Reaction score
- 30
- Location
- Houston, Texas
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Looking good so far, my friend.
What did you decide on the emergency overflow?
I'm going with two crossed fingers and a big cup of hope!!! lol!! The only reason it would not drain is if the drains became plugged up. To insure this doesn't happen I have decided to use a pre-filter lid and net the notches. I'm also considering lowering the water level in the pre-filter and using the Apex leak detector mounted inside the pre-filter box at a predetermined height to shut down the pumps (if its capable of that - this will be my first controller) when the water level in the pre-filter box rises to a certain point. Again, fingers crossed!! I will say that the dorso design makes me a little nervous - I'm not use to having the water ride so high the in the pre-filter box -- tense five seconds of "oh crap, is it going to drain properly?!? be ready to unplug!!" lol!!!
Last edited:


