Monipora coral bleaching

coralcollecter06

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 montipora’s green and red starting to bleach out of nowhere. From top or some edges in. All soft corals doing great. I ceased water changes for 2 months to raise no3 and no4 to detectable as I’ve always had to clean of water and was battling a cyno outbreak. Tank 2 years old. Been reefing 10+ years and am just no starting to dos po3 and po4. Currently no3 is 1.5 and no4 13ppb. Lighting hasn’t changed . Any input would be appreciated . No nudibrnches seen.
 
Any issues with alk, calcium, magnesium, etc. stability? What all do you dose?
 
My main guess would be low nitrate but I figured I would check the rest.


It wouldn't hurt to dose some amino acids in the mean time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new