Monster 900 gallon...for all you dreamers...

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Hi reefers... I came across this while on CL and I thought I would share... I can't even imagine what a 900 gallon tank would look like let alone how to set it up and take care of it...funny thing is, the guy is willing to ship it.... Wonder how much that would cost!! I'm thinking in a tank this size, you could actually get in for a swim with your fish friends!!!
He has a HUGE one foot long puffer... Among other BIG fish...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
All I can say is Wow...

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has it listed in florida cl too. He has had it for sale for well over a year now.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has it listed in florida cl too. He has had it for sale for well over a year now.
He'll need some luck finding someone willing to drop 14999 on it.

And he claims it's top quality but I can't find much that would make it that amazing.

Honestly if you're going big, just do it yourself: that's the fun of the whole thing.

OP
OP
Clarksski

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea..you guys are right... I just couldn't believe someone was selling a 900 gallon aquarium!..
For a big build..I nominate the guy in Norway with a 1000 gal puffer tank ...

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not a fan of acrylic... or anything modern for that matter lol. It does have massive potential.... but that would almost pay my car off.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea..you guys are right... I just couldn't believe someone was selling a 900 gallon aquarium!..
For a big build..I nominate the guy in Norway with a 1000 gal puffer tank ...
There's a guy selling a bowfront acryllic aquarium 1250 gallon, 10' long, 6' tall, and I think 3' at its widest RIGHT NOW on aquabid.com for 1000 bucks.

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a guy selling a bowfront acryllic aquarium 1250 gallon, 10' long, 6' tall, and I think 3' at its widest RIGHT NOW on aquabid.com for 1000 bucks.

I had to look at this. You got the dims backwards. 6' wide. 3' tall.
And its not $1,000, its starting bid is $1,000. Buy it now is $7,900 for just the tank.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to look at this. You got the dims backwards. 6' wide. 3' tall.
And its not $1,000, its starting bid is $1,000. Buy it now is $7,900 for just the tank.
Wait whaaaaat!
I cannot believe I mixed up the dimensions. Now I sorta have to have it ;P

bklynreef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His pricing is insane!!! RW-20s are $80 new each on E bay but he is selling 2 for $200. Its a pet peeve of mine when people sell used equipment for $5 less then they paid for it 2 years ago. This guy takes it over the edge charging $40 more than new for some used Jeabo pumps. It also sounds like he knows nothing about tanks. What kind of a thermometer needs a controller and cost $200? You can buy a new Apex jr for $250 and have a reliable thermometer and controller for a heater. Incase anyone is remotely thinking of this buyer beware!!!

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 900 g guy is charging more for his equipment than it costs new........ Good luck with that!

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His pricing is insane!!! RW-20s are $80 new each on E bay but he is selling 2 for $200. Its a pet peeve of mine when people sell used equipment for $5 less then they paid for it 2 years ago. This guy takes it over the edge charging $40 more than new for some used Jeabo pumps. It also sounds like he knows nothing about tanks. What kind of a thermometer needs a controller and cost $200? You can buy a new Apex jr for $250 and have a reliable thermometer and controller for a heater. Incase anyone is remotely thinking of this buyer beware!!!

Those are the price breakdown on what he paid for everything new....

The cost of the whole setup is $15k

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's way over the top
The 900 g guy is charging more for his equipment than it costs new........ Good luck with that!
Exactly this
Those are the price breakdown on what he paid for everything new....

The cost of the whole setup is $15k
Still, the whole setup is too expensive.

OP
OP
Clarksski

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never heard of aquabid...I'm gonna check it out... I guess I'm gullable!!! I don't have the slightest idea what a 900 gallon costs!! I just really liked the foot long puffer (looks like a puppy to me) and the second pic of the "undulated"trigger?
image.jpg
image.jpg

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never heard of aquabid...I'm gonna check it out... I guess I'm gullable!!! I don't have the slightest idea what a 900 gallon costs!! I just really liked the foot long puffer (looks like a puppy to me) and the second pic of the "undulated"trigger?
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well, it's not that you're gullible, it's just that ANY used tank goes for MUCH less than it was originally worth. The guy's reselling it and expecting most of the money he put in back. A reasonable price for a glass aquarium of that size is probably 5,000 dollars (don't fall for aquatium builders, just buy the glass you need and build it from there or have someone do it locally). The full setup makes it a reasonable price... for a brand new custom tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back