Monti bubbles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwelveL16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TwelveL16

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2014
Messages
1,922
Reaction score
703
Location
indiana
Rating - 100%
2   0   1
Anyone ever seen this? Happens often with this coral, I did have Dino’s(ostreopsis) for awhile. Could this be Dino’s ? It doesnt seem bothered.

1756148769732.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That looks like a patch of Bubble Algae. It should pull off fairly easily and then just toss that algae in the trash
 
That looks like a patch of Bubble Algae. It should pull off fairly easily and then just toss that algae in the trash
Come on man. I know what bubble algae is. I’m referencing the air bubbles right on top of the monti.
 
I don't think that's a Montipora. A pavona or maybe a psammacora. Those bubbles on top, no clue
Hence my comment about the Bubble Algae on the Montipora Digitata.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new