Monti eating FWs...lifecycle?

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,098
Location
KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed a frag of fruity pebbles monti the other day when I finally figured out that the tissue recession was being caused by flatworms. I had lost a frag or 2 in my old tank but never found any of the buggers but I'm sure it was them. I dipped the frag in a ton of bayer and it looks clean. I'll dip again in a few days (I need to double check egg hatching time) to kill off any that were eggs. Question is how long do I have to worry about them remaining on the piece of LR where the frag was mounted? Also, am I correct to assume that they generally stick to only certain types of montis? i.e. are my digitate and monticap safe?

I have room for more fish so I'd also consider chucking in some sort of wrass as extra insurance.
 
I removed a frag of fruity pebbles monti the other day when I finally figured out that the tissue recession was being caused by flatworms. I had lost a frag or 2 in my old tank but never found any of the buggers but I'm sure it was them. I dipped the frag in a ton of bayer and it looks clean. I'll dip again in a few days (I need to double check egg hatching time) to kill off any that were eggs. Question is how long do I have to worry about them remaining on the piece of LR where the frag was mounted? Also, am I correct to assume that they generally stick to only certain types of montis? i.e. are my digitate and monticap safe?

I have room for more fish so I'd also consider chucking in some sort of wrass as extra insurance.
Brain fail. I typed flatworms, but I meant nudibranchs. ;Dead
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new