Monti Eating Nudis... of course.

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a red monti cap from a LFS to a new tank I have- it's a 13.5 gallon with no other montis (in fact, there are only 3 other corals in there, all LPS). It's as close to a quarantine tank as I can get, though there is a frogfish in there so full tank medication isn't exactly an option. Luckily, it seems like that isn't the way to treat these.

I have some coralRX that I can dip the coral in, but I know that doesn't handle the issue of eggs. I have heard I can just do sequential dips and try to cut off the life cycle, but They could also be roaming around the tank, so that isn't entirely effective. I have also heard that I can try to dry out the eggs with a paper towel if I see them ( I can't remember if that's advice for nudis though or some other pest).

Is there anything I missed, or is that the gist of treatment? Also, how long can I wait to treat it? I'd like to wait until after christmas, and I didn't see any nudis when i did a visual inspection before adding it to the tank, so it's not like there's a million nudis on the coral.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you haven’t gotten any replies yet... here’s a bump

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back