Monti flaking or peeling

  • Thread starter Thread starter gregrock68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gregrock68

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
420
Reaction score
343
Location
Haymarket
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased a piece montipora and it has started to flake or peel it's red skin. I'm new to Monty's still looking for some guidance. Parameters are solid, I regularly check them. Lighting is a Radion G6 blue and I run it on a low setting of bright lights for about 2 hours at 50% in the front and the back end are on the 16,500 k at 20% for 4 hours approximately. My initial thoughts that the lighting is still too strong, has anybody else experienced this?

20241207_131123.jpg
 
I think you are running the lighting way too low, and much too short of a peak period. They like high lighting and high flow. My moni's are under metal halides 10 hours per day.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new