Monti ID Needed…

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2019
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
1,359
Location
Coastal New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got this a freebie a year or so ago as part of an order but I can’t find the invoice so I have no idea what it is and I’m really not a Monti fan so… anyone have any ideas? It’s Orange with blue polyps. Pics are with and with out polyp lab filter.


F1070549-7E3F-4763-9B5E-5715229CA166.jpeg

1CE1D87D-D406-4E18-BD71-6FC40117E30D.jpeg
 
I got this a freebie a year or so ago as part of an order but I can’t find the invoice so I have no idea what it is and I’m really not a Monti fan so… anyone have any ideas? It’s Orange with blue polyps. Pics are with and with out polyp lab filter.


F1070549-7E3F-4763-9B5E-5715229CA166.jpeg

1CE1D87D-D406-4E18-BD71-6FC40117E30D.jpeg
If you are looking for a scientific name, this looks like a Montipora Palawensis. As for a trade name, I’m going to guess Rainbow Phoenix monti. I’m also going to throw in Kung Pao monti.
 
I think kung pao or other phoenix monti like alexopora said. My kung pao has slightly darker blue polyps than my beach bum, but these corals change color so much depending on par levels. Nice coral and great growth btw
 
I think kung pao or other phoenix monti like alexopora said. My kung pao has slightly darker blue polyps than my beach bum, but these corals change color so much depending on par levels. Nice coral and great growth btw
Thank you! It’s funny I’m not into Monti’s and I think it’s this was sent to my accidentally by TSA or JF but I just can’t find the emails. I almost gave it away and someone said I was crazy lol.

Thanks again everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new