Monti is turning white

Nicksreef2022

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
18
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have 2 montis that have started to turn white this week . It’s happened before but came back . I’m also starting to have have a Dino/diatom outbreak, could this be related?
parameters at the moment
Ph8.2
KH7.6-8.2
CA 430 -450
MG1440
Nitrate 25.1
Phosphate 0.02
SG 1.025
Ammonia 0
Any advice please , all other LPS are fully opened and extended.

IMG_3652.jpeg IMG_3653.jpeg
 
I’d do a water change and get the DkH stable.
 
The .02 phosphates is possibly the culprit. Mine came when phosphate was .02. The margin of error in testing could mean it zeroed..or possibly .02 wasn't enough..I'm not positive on what caused mine. Nitrates were around 7 at the time as well. This is likely the cause of the coral turning white as well. Again, I'm no expert so I'm sure others can add more info
 
The .02 phosphates is possibly the culprit. Mine came when phosphate was .02. The margin of error in testing could mean it zeroed..or possibly .02 wasn't enough..I'm not positive on what caused mine. Nitrates were around 7 at the time as well. This is likely the cause of the coral turning white as well. Again, I'm no expert so I'm sure others can add more info
Agree if 0 most definitely is a problem for the coral. 0 phosphates could lead to a dino outbreak
 
Will any moderators kindly change the title of this post to Montis turning white . I just realised the typo error . Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new