Monti issue

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I usually do to get back on track. Just overcame a bad snail order die off and have finally got back on track after a week of babying things along.

Another good indicator is flat colors on corals especially SPS. If colors are becoming flat probably ammonia spike. IMHE.

OP
OP
erky

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I usually do to get back on track. Just overcame a bad snail order die off and have finally got back on track after a week of babying things along.

Another good indicator is flat colors on corals especially SPS. If colors are becoming flat probably ammonia spike. IMHE.
I have a bali tri tip that went from vibrant purple to brown, so i knew something was wrong, then the monti decided to start to RTN on me, it is still going. I cant really remove it as the rock it is encrusted on is structural to my reef.

OP
OP
erky

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found the tang, no clue what is wrong with it, but it is alive. The plot thickens, this fish's color is great but def something bothering it. Has white irritated scales close to its back fin. i am going to try and pull the fish out and see what i can do for it. maybe a fresh water dip to rid it of whatever is on it currently, then treat from there.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found the tang, no clue what is wrong with it, but it is alive. The plot thickens, this fish's color is great but def something bothering it. Has white irritated scales close to its back fin. i am going to try and pull the fish out and see what i can do for it. maybe a fresh water dip to rid it of whatever is on it currently, then treat from there.

I would use broad spectrum antibiotics on the fish. Furan-2 and metronidazole.

Sometimes it’s a microfauna die off. Who knows. Rotting snail. Just something I’ve noticed and wanted to mention it.

If you catch it you can usually rescue stuff with some prime as I mentioned earlier, light dose, and boost the bacteria with vinegar for a few days.

If you want to PM and discuss further happy to help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back