Monti looks bad!

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preview
My monti looks pretty bad. When it usually starts to look like this. I do a water change and its back. Full red, with blue polyps. Last two days after the water change and nothing has happened.

DKH = 11
CA = 420
MG = 1400
PH = 8
Salinity = 35

What might be going on? The light is an AI Prime about 30-35%, 8 inches off the water.

Capture.PNG

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nutrients are low then I wouldn't keep my alk that high. if nutrients are high it might be unhappy as well. Water changes should be lowering NO3, phos so i'd probably test and see where you are at with those

OP
OP
Tyler Bullock

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My test kit is an API so they look to be zero or close to it. I fudged up and got "Coral Pro Salt" when I was setting up this tank. This tank has been a pretty consistent with 12 dkh for the past 7 months. 11 is actually low with they they are use to.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral pro salt is great to use but I would do smaller water changes since the alk mixes a bit high. I'd let the alk come done naturally, try feeding a bit more too. I don't think you have zero nutrients even if the api kit says so but running that salt does require some nutrients with your current alk reading.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back