Monti white edges

Montipora eating nudibranch
IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg
I’ll look for them when lights go out. Also would dipping the coral get rid of the nudis?
 
I also increased lighting. I’ve seen sps get crazy light so could that be the case too?
Also will it ever regenerate on the white spots?
Yes, mine under moderate to medium light with medium flow
 
u need stability w fewer changes so you can possibly identify what’s causing the issue with the coral. Like as in one thing at a time and see how things progress. Good luck.
 
I’ll look for them when lights go out. Also would dipping the coral get rid of the nudis?
I would look for them, they are out at all hours, not just night. I would not dip an already stressed coral, if it has nudibranchs more than likely there’s already eggs too. As stated by others above, alkalinity swings are a more likely culprit.
 
I would look for them, they are out at all hours, not just night. I would not dip an already stressed coral, if it has nudibranchs more than likely there’s already eggs too. As stated by others above, alkalinity swings are a more likely culprit.
I can’t find any I didn’t have time to dip today but it’s definitely spreading more. I dipped it before putting it in the system the day I got it and didn’t see many pest come off it. So it’s a “no” on dipping overall?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new