Montipora base white

  • Thread starter Thread starter fsas89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fsas89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
295
Reaction score
153
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s happening here? I just got this and several other corals a few days ago and the base on this sugar high montipora is turning white.
3ECE2371-7D40-4EEB-8278-657A41774A9E.jpeg
image.jpg
It’s on the right side by the white block. Second picture for perspective of where it’s placed in the tank. I’m using viparspectra 165w lighting at 75blue 10white
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
I moved it here for now, maybe the light is too much???
 
Got to give it a few days. Montis love light and are very hardy. I would move it up to moderate lighting and feed it some Reef Roids.
So you see where I had it, it was mid/upper level, I moved it down cuz im scared its too much light? should I just move it up a bit higher and see, or higher where I originally had it?
 
Thank you all for the help, I will keep it there and keep an eye on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new