Montipora bleaching

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdpeters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jdpeters

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
928
Reaction score
477
Location
eatonville washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, do people with more established and thriving tanks have a percentage of corals that don’t do well in their tank?
I got a recent box In a system that’s about 9 months old that is recovering from a massive dinoflagellates die off. I’d say the majority of the corals I received look healthy but there’s a dizzy spell monti that went from blue to white but still has polyp extension and maybe a little tissue lost on a grafted sun fire monti. If most all the corals are doing good do we not go chasing some mysterious quality that 1 or 2 are missing?
 
Just curious, do people with more established and thriving tanks have a percentage of corals that don’t do well in their tank?
I got a recent box In a system that’s about 9 months old that is recovering from a massive dinoflagellates die off. I’d say the majority of the corals I received look healthy but there’s a dizzy spell monti that went from blue to white but still has polyp extension and maybe a little tissue lost on a grafted sun fire monti. If most all the corals are doing good do we not go chasing some mysterious quality that 1 or 2 are missing?
Could it be in an area that’s receiving too much light?
 
Just curious, do people with more established and thriving tanks have a percentage of corals that don’t do well in their tank?
I got a recent box In a system that’s about 9 months old that is recovering from a massive dinoflagellates die off. I’d say the majority of the corals I received look healthy but there’s a dizzy spell monti that went from blue to white but still has polyp extension and maybe a little tissue lost on a grafted sun fire monti. If most all the corals are doing good do we not go chasing some mysterious quality that 1 or 2 are missing?
Could it be in an area that’s receiving too much light?
It’s possible but I haven’t tested par so it’s really hard to guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new