Montipora Cap bleaching no reason

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bleached cap that is very localized. None of my other montipora or any other sps seem to be affected. I have other caps in the aquarium as you can see from the picture and I know it’s not a stinging event. Any advice or theories?
FB051CA0-BF55-4AA7-814F-D303A72759D6.jpeg
054EEF34-CB56-469A-920C-4DB72690ED83.jpeg
 
I had a monti cap that looked similar to yours when I had monti-eating nudibranchs. Have you introduced any coral into your tank recently? Your tank is beautiful by the way!
 
I had a monti cap that looked similar to yours when I had monti-eating nudibranchs. Have you introduced any coral into your tank recently? Your tank is beautiful by the way!
No bugs that I noticed. I haven’t added anything new in months, definitely not montipora anyway. It’s done it before but just in small spots, like getting stung by my pavona or lepto, but this happened over a couple of hours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new