Montipora cap question

  • Thread starter Thread starter money88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

money88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
229
Reaction score
232
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've attached a picture of my montipora cal and was wondering if it's starting to bleach. since attaching to the rock it has started to raise its front lip like that but now the side and back have some white or clear looking color on it.

Thoughts?

20181129_075251.jpeg


Sorry for the bad quality, I had it sent to me as I am out of town and FB messed it all up
 
Here is another. Dont mind the algae I'm still fighting that battle

received_209877729909901.jpeg
 
Yours is exactly what I want. It's lovely.
 
Looks like tissue necrosis. I'd try to remove the monti if you can and place it on another plug if you can
what do you suggest after putting it on a plug putting in the sand lower in the tank?
 
So what is the consensus about the white around the edges?
 
Looks like necrosis/possible irritation to the coral.
here is a better picture. I haven't tried moving it yet because I fear I'll break it. still look to be the same thought with the better pic?
20181201_130546.jpeg
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new