Montipora Changing Colors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tango2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tango2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
175
Reaction score
49
Location
NoVA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this Monti in my tank for just over a year, and it has what I would consider good growth. It was approximately 1" x 2" when I got it, and it is about 8"x6" and has two tiers now. It was orange when I got it, with a distinct white ring around the perimeter (growth). I've been experimenting with raising my nitrate levels a bit to see how my corals respond, and over the course of the last week or two I've seen a dramatic color change with my monipora.

IMG_8810.jpg
IMG_8814.jpg

With my lighting, it appears to be turning a purple color, but wanted to get some second opinions. It does appear to have lost the white ring around the perimeter, but I don't believe that was a recent change. I have no reason to believe that it is doing poorly other than the color change. I've been working to get my water parameters into the ideal range, and have seen a pretty big response in my LPS. I played with the white balance settings quickly, so hopefully it shows enough.
 
Very Nice!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new