Montipora growth?

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
2,619
Reaction score
2,491
Location
Daytona Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’ve been out of touch with my tank for the past few months but am finally getting back into it and it’s going good.

Is this what growth from a monti spongodes looks like?
831D73B6-62D3-4C3A-A12C-D6D6AB6393C1.jpeg


Please ignore the algae I am finally getting tank under control of it all.
 
The lighter looking edges on the base, yes, I believe so.

Algae magnets left in place can grow encrusting organisms that can scratch glass while you try to wipe algae. Best to store them out of the light, in the shade at the top of the tank if you don't remove them completely.
 
The lighter looking edges on the base, yes, I believe so.

Algae magnets left in place can grow encrusting organisms that can scratch glass while you try to wipe algae. Best to store them out of the light, in the shade at the top of the tank if you don't remove them completely.
I didn’t think about the magnet thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new