Montipora help. Possible hydroid damage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Morrowen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Morrowen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
45
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I noticed a patch on one of my montiporas that was discolored and had no polyps showing. Later that night I found a Digitate Hydroid brushing up on the same spot that is looking damaged. Are hydroid actually capable of doing this?

20220301_050453.jpg
 
Yesterday I noticed a patch on one of my montiporas that was discolored and had no polyps showing. Later that night I found a Digitate Hydroid brushing up on the same spot that is looking damaged. Are hydroid actually capable of doing this?

20220301_050453.jpg
Hydroids are known to sting. I see a strand in the back that may be one of a vermetid snail
Assure good flow which will prevent them from getting food
 
The white string in the center of the image is the Hydroid I am concerned about. Not sure if that is the strand you saw. Depth doesn't come through well but it is in front of the monti.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new