Montipora help!

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently bought frags of green montipora and sunset montipora for my 42g cadlights. It’s been about 3 weeks. Both showed great signs of growth after the first few days especially the sunset montipora. In the last few days the sunset Monti started to lose its intense red colors and now is partially not extending its polyps. The other montipora is right near it and seems un affected. Good lighting and flow. Zero nitrates and phosphate. Haven’t tested cal alk mag. Got salifert test kits for those coming in a few days. Predominantly soft coral tank just changed carbon a week ago. No major changes. It ate reef roids a week ago.

I do have 2 large torch corals with a dozen heads that are finicky and one started losing heads. I think mainly to being in possibly too high flow. Just started losing heads. Huge 30 head hammer looking healthy as hell. Giant galaxy and a favia looking great too. Softies looking great.
I do a weekly 4 gallon water change. Is it possibly my perimeters off? Cal alk mag? I will test and report I an few days. Could those levels being off cause my torch heads to go? Thanks guys!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try lower light for the sunset.

Alk could be off, that’s really the only one that will matter. But no , If you are not dosing just wc it should be fine.

If look at contamination like rodi water , or light.

OP
OP
jdpeters

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try lower light for the sunset.

Alk could be off, that’s really the only one that will matter. But no , If you are not dosing just wc it should be fine.

If look at contamination like rodi water , or light.
I’m running my Hydra 52 at 60 percent violet and blues and 20 percent whites. 10 inches over the water and the sunset is midway on the tank, you really think it is getting too much light? Never tested part but I can’t imagine it’s too high

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back