Montipora issues problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter vcarlyle62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Should I break off the piece with dying tissue or wait it out , I inspected very closely and found no pests, nothing new has been added for some time too , some shrimp live inside the monti but that’s not new , they don’t seem to bother him and help keep him clean of food
 
So I’m adding a Pict of how it is now, still getting worse, I circled the area so you can see how it’s progressing. I’m at a total loss on what to do , any help would be greatly appreciated.

My parameters are all still on point with very little change , I’ve been testing daily and today they are as follows:

Ph 8.4
Alk 8.5
Nitrates 4.8
Phos 0.09
Mag 1480
Cal 455
Salinity 35

I even tested ammonia for no other reason than why not and it’s zero

20260615_174651_C06CD776-EDB3-455C-837C-B9A6957A8AE0.png
 
The discoloration in the Pict is really on the monti, it’s not light distortion
 
You are a genius, I turned only white lights on and discoloration isn’t even visible under just white. I’m not sure what that means but I’m guessing Zooxanthellae burst ?
 
Honestly the best thing to do is nothing in this case. If all other corals are happy I’d take that as a win. The rest of that monti colony looks fine to me
 
Yes, everything else happy, monti is years old and otherwise great, I never seen him do this before so I was concerned , I’ve lost entire colonies in the past so I stress over these type of things and watch for early signs of troubles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new