Montipora question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dmsick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dmsick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
380
Reaction score
383
Location
West Tn
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newb so please excuse if this is stupid. I've done some research and have not been able to find an answer. Is the fan like appendage coming out of this montipora normal? I've assumed it was part of the coral used for catching food, but I haven't been able to find a picture or description of anything similar anywhere. Thanks in advance!

IMG_8371.JPG
 
Looks to be a feather duster worm housed in the coral. Looks to be harmless to the corals health.

Should be fine to leave alone.

Thanks so much for the reply. There seems to be another smaller one behind the bigger one. I'm surprised it survived the Bayer dip.
 
Thanks so much for the reply. There seems to be another smaller one behind the bigger one. I'm surprised it survived the Bayer dip.

Many things survive coral dips
Depending on the concentration
And type of animal bug etc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new